What is Spinal Decompression Therapy?
Decompression Therapy is a modern, high tech, non-surgical traction procedure that effectively treats disabling low back, neck, and radiating leg and arm pain. This type of traction is very successful in relieving pain associated with disc herniation, sciatica, degenerative discs, and posterior facet syndromes, due to decompression of spinal discs and facet joints by utilizing traction, distraction and positioning.This therapy effectively enhances the healing process and renders quick, effective and amazing pain relief that enables most patients to return to a more active lifestyle.
Our DTS Triton traction system is FDA approved and has been clinically proven with a very high success rate for the pain and symptoms associated with herniated and/or bulging discs…even after failed back facts.
Research indicates that the disc is responsible for a significant number of lumbar/leg pain and neck/arm pain syndromes. Compression increases internal disc pressure leading to possible protrusion, herniation and bulging of disc material. DTS Triton spinal traction therapy in conjunction with the additional treatment modalities provided in our clinic can, in most cases, effectively relieve the pain and disability resulting from disc injury and degeneration, aiding in the healing of damageddiscs and reversing dystrophic changes in nerves.
What Are The Treatments Like?
After lying on the comfortable DTS Triton spinal treatment table, you
will be fitted with a support system. The support system helps to
stabilize your body. The advanced computer controlled system
automatically adjusts to the proper angle of pull
(distraction), allowing us to target the specific discs that are causing
your pain and symptoms. The distractive forces utilize a computer
controlled logarithmic curve to avoid reflex responses which would
create muscle spasm. The split table design decreases friction and
allows separation of the vertebra.
Basically, you lay down on the table and the DTS Triton spinal traction computer system simulates an anti-gravity effect on your spine that helps herniated material return toward its normal position thus reducing pressure and pain. Patients describe the treatment as a gentle, painless, intermittent pulling sensation. Many patients actually fall asleep during treatment!
Why is this type of therapy more successful than other treatment options?
DTS Triton traction therapy as practiced in our clinic is a comprehensive program of the newest traction techniques and targeted "core" stabilization exercises combined with biofeedback and gentle chiropractic care. In addition, we use other adjunctive treatments that have proven effectiveness in back care. It is this multi-faceted approach that makes our combination of treatments so effective and is what sets our procedure apart from others in this area.
DTS Triton Spinal Traction vs. Surgery:
- In some cases surgery is necessary, more often it is not necessary.
- Increased danger from anesthetic.
- Increased danger from possible infections.
- Prolonged recovery time after back facts is generally 6-8 weeks.
- Another 6-8 weeks of rehabilitation and physical therapy at 3 to 5 times per week.
- Lower rate of successful results.
- Without insurance patient's cost for facts is often over $25,000.
- Even with insurance, patient's share of surgical cost is often over $4,000 to $5,000.
- Relief of acute or chronic (long term) low back pain and /or associated leg pain or numbness, generally within 4 weeks.
- Successful in over 75% to 85% of patients.
- Early return to work.
- Non-invasive and extremely safe.
- No injections.
- No knifes.
- No drugs.
- No patient hospitalization.
- Cost effective treatment that is usually covered by insurance.
Information from http://www.drjemitchell.com